The Diagnostic imaging service is provided with the highest technology into all areas of Speciality, from General Radiology to the latest generation of MRI equipments, and it can perform all kinds of diagnosis and therapeutical research.
It is assisted by a team of Medical Specialists with an extensive background and experience in different Imaging Diagnosis areas, by highly qualified certified Radiologist Technics and a wide group of Administrative Assistants ready to attend anytime all needs both medical and personal matter that may arise during your stay in the Service.
The department joins the Ruber International Hospital, and it is provided with the constant support of all its levels, both medical-surgical and administrative.
The Department is awarded with ISO Standard 9001:2000.
In 1992, it took part as unique private Spanish hospital Imaging Diagnosis Department in a Quality Control program promoted by the Thirteenth General Management of the European Union about radiation dosage and image quality with outstanding results.
In order to train Residents physicians in MRI area, the Imaging Diagnosis service has partnership agreements since year 1992 with several national Public Hospitals (Hospital 12 Octubre, La Paz Hospital, Móstoles Hospital, etc.)
Department Radiologists’ physicians take part in several research projects and clinical trials, they have been granted with diverse awards for the publication of scientific studies (Rafael Hervada and Pedro Mata award); they have obtained a fellowship from the Scientific Research Fund from the Social Security, and they publish regularly scientific works in renowned national and international magazines.
We contribute in various research studies in the oncology field (new medicines for prostate cancer treatment) and in neurology (epilepsy patient’s assessment pre and post-surgical, prior diagnosis of the Alzheimer’s disease and monitoring the answer to diverse therapies.
The Department has combined the Unit of Molecular Image with his variants of Nuclear Medicine and PET-TAC, in such a way that the diagnostic evaluation of the examinations is performed jointly between the specialists of Imaging Diagnosis and Nuclear Medicine.
– Drainage sets.
– Biospies (breast, bones, internal organs, etc.).
– Differentiated carcinoma from Thyroid gland.
-Primary and secondary liver tumors.
-131 iodine for hyperthyroidism and differentiated carcinoma from Thyroid gland.
-90Yttrium, 186Rhenium and 169Erbium for synovitis.
-Zevalin (ibritumomabtiuxetan marked with 90Yttrium) for lymphomas.
-90Yttrium Microspheres for primary and secondary liver tumors.
Servicio de Diagnóstico por Imagen del Hospital Ruber Internacional.
• Co-responsable de la unidad de mama.
• Gestión de la sección, diagnóstico e intervencionismo de mama.
• Integrante del comité de patología de mama.
• Resonancia magnética: estadiaje en cáncer de mama, screening de pacientes de alto riesgo, valoración de respuesta a quimioterapia y de rotura de prótesis.
Técnicas intervencionistas diagnósticas guiadas con ecografía, estereotaxia y resonancia magnética:
• Punción con aguja fina (PAAF)
• Biopsia (BAG, BAV)
Técnicas intervencionistas terapéuticas:
• Localización prequirúrgica de lesiones: colocación de arpones y marcadores en lesiones no palpables
• Extirpación percutánea de lesiones benignas (papilomas, fibroadenomas…) y de lesiones de alto riesgo
• Evacuación y drenaje de colecciones
• Técnicas con medicina nuclear: Roll, Snoll y ganglio centinela
FEA de Radiodiagnóstico del H. Universitario 12 de Octubre de Madrid. Unidad de Mama.
Miembro del Departamento de Diagnóstico por Imagen de la Clínica Ruber de Madrid.
2008-2015 FEA de Diagnóstico por Imagen del H. U. Fundación Alcorcón.
2008-2011 Médico especialista de las secciones de mama y de intervencionismo de la Unidad de Diagnóstico por Imagen en Hospital Nisa Pardo de Aravaca, Hospital Virgen de la Paloma, Hospital Sanitas la Moraleja y Clínica Nuevo Parque.
2004 – 2008 Médico Interno Residente en la especialidad de Radiodiagnóstico. Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre
Rotaciones externas: Armed Forces Institute of Pathology (Washington, DC), Hospital Clinic i Provincial (Barcelona).
2005 – 2007 Cursos de doctorado y suficiencia investigadora. U. Complutense de Madrid.
1997 – 2003 Licenciatura en Medicina y Cirugía. Universidad Complutense de Madrid.
DIVULGACIÓN CIENTÍFICA Y OTROS
2010 Participación como ponente en el Congreso de la Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) de Chicago.
2004 – act. Labor docente para residentes y rotantes externos. Publicaciones en congresos nacionales e internacionales. Realización de ensayos clínicos. Miembro de SERAM, SEDIM y ESR.
Sociedades científicas a las que pertenece:
The Unit is provided with the highest technology into all areas of Speciality, from General Radiology to the latest generation of MRI equipments, and it can perform all kinds of examinations.
• Digital general radiology: general radiology is a key point of clinic diagnosis.Thus, all the examinations performed are assessed by a radiologist who emits a report on results. The Department uses two digitized general radiology of high resolution (2.022×2.022 pixels) teams with direct panel technique and double detector. Digital radiology allows to perform the examinations in hugely briefer times, and the radiation doses are extremely lower than in conventional radiology.
• Televised digital radiology: Digestive studies performed with techniques of single or double contrast, both the upper tract and small intestine and colon, and other proven special tests (Hysterosalpingography, sialography, dacriociostography, phistulographies, phlebography, video conferencing, etc.) and all those scans that may require control with the image intensifier.
1. Abdominopelvic ultrasound.
2. Musculoskeletal ultrasound.
3. Endocavitary ultrasound (vaginal and rectal).
4. Breast ultrasound.
5. Ultrasound of small parts (thyroid gland, scrotal, etc.).
6. Obstetric and gynaecological ultrasound.
7. 4D fetal ultrasound.
8. Color Doppler ultrasound.
9. Paediatric ultrasound.
10. Interventional ultrasound:
o Multiple prostate biopsy (24 doses) under sedation.
o Breast biopsy (thin and thick needle).
o Soft tissues biopsy.
1. Percutaneous abscess drainage:Soft tissues, abdomen, liver, etc.
2. Percutaneous treatment by tumor radiofrequency:Liver, kidney, lung, etc.
• Digital mammography and sterotactic biopsy: The Unit also has a last generation digital technology mammograph, SENOGRAPHE DS from the G.E. Health care company, with an anodic microphone of 0.1 and 0.3 mm, what allows microcalcification of 0.2 mm detection. It means to be able to detect breast cancer in very early stages. The images are permanently stored in our computer file, making easier to compare it with previous mammographic studies and thus, increase the diagnosis performance of the examination.
There is also the sterotactic biopsy system, in seated and lying position to increase the patient comfort. The biopsy is performed with a thin needle (PAAF) and with a thick needle (TRUCUT) depending on the requirements.
The radiologist carries out the diagnostic reading of mammographies, helped by a computer-aided detection system (CAD), increasing the reliability of the mammographic skills and equivalent to a double diagnosis reading. This reading system is recommended by the Radiological Society of North America.
Besides the mammary routine exploration, the possibility of performing a breast ultrasound scan of high resolution (12-15 Mhz transducer), as well as of breast puncture (pneumocystography, cytology, etc.) is provided, in collaboration with the service of Pathological Anatomy, as long as the soliciting doctor has expressly requested it.
With regard to the clinically hidden and radiologically malignancy suspicious injuries, it’s likewise, offered the possibility of pre-surgical location by laying a “harpoon,” which can be made as well on an outpatient basis.
As an addition to all these techniques, and in order to be able to determine more specifically a small cancer detection, we use a (3.0 Tesla) high-field MR with curve techniques of contrast collecting and spectroscopy (biological analysis of tumors) in breast dense and hidden glandular tissue for mammography or ultrasound.
The department has attended in quality international clinical trials and radiation doses to the patient.The radiation dose given in our mammographies are among the lower figures in the European Union (3mGy), with an excellent image resolution, according to the European expert members’ criterion (we have the corresponding certifies).
• Bone densitometry DEXA: A system DEXA (dual energy through x-ray) densitometer is used, which is currently the most precise and advanced in the market for osteoporosis detection and monitoring, from G.E. Health Care Company, Lunar Prodigy Advance model. A column and both hips’ study are performed systematically for osteoporosis evaluation. The examination time in both regions is 30 seconds.
We also can perform vertebral morphometry and entire body studies.
It uses last generation software allowing an automatic analysis of any anatomical region, avoiding a possible operator mistake, since a daily control is made to test and ensure that the progressive controls are 100 % reliable.
The previous days to examination any calcium supplements should be taken. If recently, a radiological study with barium has been made, if you have received contrast for performing a CT test or radioisotope’s test (sintygraphy or CT-PET), you should wait some days to get rid of the contrast before performing the densitometry. If you are pregnant or you think you could be, the study must be postponed.
• Digital vascular radiology
• MR: the Ruber International Hospital Imaging Diagnosis Unit has currently three MR equipments, with 1.5 (2) and 3 Tesla magnets. All three have been made by General Electric (GE), company with which the Unit keeps up close research collaboration.The department is a reference point in neuroimaging screenings for several public and private institutions in Spain.
• Lately we have added two innovative procedures as breast biopsy driven by MR and studies with endorectal coil for gynaecological, prostate and sigmoid tumor evaluations.
• Helical CT: The Ruber International Hospital currently has two latest generation CT machines and the highest services available for clinical use. They are models from General Electric Medical Systems®, 16 slices Lightspeed Horizon and 64 slices Lightspeed VCT.
• The last one is a device especially designed and conceived for coronary arteries study and CT colonoscopy. Non-invasive vascular diagnosis unit: the Ruber International Hospital has set up into the Imaging Diagnosis Service a non-invasive Cardiovascular Diagnosis Unit composed by cardiologists and radiologists widely experienced in CT and MR, basically based on the 1.5 and 3.0T magnetic-field cardio resonance units usage and a 64 detectors 3D and 4D CT. This unit is not only based in some determined tests’ interpretation. However it performs a global evaluation of the patient, bringing clinical or therapeutical solutions for problems laid out by each patient. At this moment, we do not have any knowledge about the existence of any Medical Center in Europe that assembles these two technologies.